Saturday, January 5, 2008
Cocoa swap questionaire
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug? I prefer my cocoa mixed with milk, it is so much creamier!! Home-made recipe or store bought really does not matter. I prefer a BIG mug!! Its chocolate who wouldn't!! :-)
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Both are equally good, but I use whipped cream if I have it.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? I really don't have a favorite. I will try anything. In what colors? I love blues and greens...earthy colors...not so much of a red, orange or pink fan.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)? Knit
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new? My favorite needles are bamboo. I do not like metal or plastic. Try something new, no I prefer to stick to my bamboo...thank you.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? suppy yes, healthy no.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)? books, needles, stitch markers....can just never have enough.
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification) It would have to be a dishcloth....I really don't have anything else that knits up quickly.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter? Knit, weave, spin
2. What is your favorite animal? hmmm...llama's, alpaca's, sheep
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'? You bet I do.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? knit
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? starting seeds and planting a garden
6. What are your favorite treat? I am not much for sweets but I love dark chocolate
7. What is your favorite board game? hmmm I really dont have a favorite, but I like parchessi and farmopoly (monopoly with a farm theme)
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? I have a son and a daughter, llamas, alpaca, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, birds, chickens and a husband (hey he counts)
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about? No allergies that I know of but I do not like strongly scented or perfumey things, they make me ill.
In the beginning.....
I fell in love with the llams's they are so regal! I kept "collecting" them, and before I knew it, I had a stud and was breeding. I quickly found that Shetland Sheep were not for me and I purchased more Border Leicesters, eventually I had a flock of about 30 sheep and 10 llama's. In 2004 I sold all but Moe, Baaxter, and two llama's (Estile and Socks), and moved. This was hard to do, but it had to be done.
I still have Moe, Baaxter, Estile and Socks, as well as Estile's two other children, Bahama Llama (Bomber) and Porter. Socks is expecting, the end of June, she is bred to a suri alpaca. Porter is half suri alpaca, also.