Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Scavenger Hunt Swap
Scavenger Hunt Swap Questionaire:
1) Do you knit, crochet or both? I Knit. How long have you been doing it? I learned when I was a child, but knit try to knit as much as I possibly can now.
2) What is on your needles/hook right now? Which set? Lets see, a calorimetry, socks, and a sweater.
3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag? My needles, naturally....secondly are my stitch markers!
4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? I like Lambs pride and knit picks. I really don't have a favorite. I use mostly my handspun. What are your 3 least favorite? Acrylic, and novelty yarns!!! Other than those I really have not found something I really dont like.
5) What is your favorite color? I really like blue and green, along with earthy colors. Nothing neon or to bright please.
6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack? hmmmm....yarn, yarn, yarn and maybe needles.....
7) What is your favorite FO and why? My favorite FO...hmmm has to be my calorimetry. It is posted on my blog.(post a pic if you have it!)
8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet? I will knit anything. I like to knit socks.
9) Do you collect anything? sheep, llama's alpaca's, chickens, pigs, goats, I think you get the idea! :-)
10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)? My family has to be my favorite thing. But lets see....I like to weave, spin, knit, garden, read.
11) Are you on Ravelry? You bet I am. What is your ID? llamamama, naturally.
12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa? Yes....all of the above.
13) Favorite Sweets? dark chocolate, if I need something sweet.
14) Any allergies? no, however I don't like strong fragrences as they make me ill
15) Do you have pets? 2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 cockatiels, 5 llama's, 2 alpaca's 2 sheep, 4 goats, 1 chicken, 1 rabbit ..... I think that is all for now. kids? two a teenage son and a preteen daughter....Lord help me!!
In the beginning.....
I fell in love with the llams's they are so regal! I kept "collecting" them, and before I knew it, I had a stud and was breeding. I quickly found that Shetland Sheep were not for me and I purchased more Border Leicesters, eventually I had a flock of about 30 sheep and 10 llama's. In 2004 I sold all but Moe, Baaxter, and two llama's (Estile and Socks), and moved. This was hard to do, but it had to be done.
I still have Moe, Baaxter, Estile and Socks, as well as Estile's two other children, Bahama Llama (Bomber) and Porter. Socks is expecting, the end of June, she is bred to a suri alpaca. Porter is half suri alpaca, also.